Many men begin to feel a sharp decline in their energy levels as they get older. If you’ve experienced a loss of libido, hair, or the ability to sleep as you’ve aged, you may have a hormonal imbalance.
Bio-identical hormones for men are a safe and effective way to regulate these hormones and feel like your younger self again.
Located in Templeton CA, The Plateroti Center is committed to providing our clients with comprehensive treatments that improve their overall wellness and quality of life. For more information about our practice or any of the services we offer, feel free to contact us today.
What are Bio-Identical Hormones?
Bio-identical hormones are a safer alternative to traditional hormone therapy. While traditional hormone replacement therapy can have adverse side effects because the “hormones” are not identical to hormones created in the body, bio-identical hormones are molecularly indistinguishable to those produced in the body. In fact, your body can’t even distinguish between hormones that it has created and bioidentical hormones.
What are the Common Types of Male Hormonal Imbalances?
As men age, they can develop a number of conditions that are the result of hormonal imbalances. After the age of 20, the average man’s growth hormone, or testosterone levels, fall 14% every ten years.
The four most common types of male hormonal imbalances are:
- Andropause: The male equivalent of menopause, andropause occurs as testosterone levels decline in men with age.
- Adrenal fatigue: If a man’s stress levels remain high enough for an extended period of time, the amount of cortisol that can be produced by the adrenal glands is affected. The inability of the adrenal glands to produce enough cortisol as a result of this is called adrenal fatigue.
- Hypothyroidism: Men suffering from this condition have an underactive thyroid gland, meaning that they do not produce enough thyroid hormones.
- Hyperthyroidism: Men suffering from this condition have an overactive thyroid gland, meaning that they produce too high a level of thyroid hormones. This increases the speed of their metabolism.
What are the Symptoms of Male Hormonal Imbalance?
Male hormonal imbalance can affect your overall quality of life. Some of its symptoms include:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low libido
- Lack of energy
- Mood swings
- Hair loss
- Trouble falling or staying asleep
- Increased body fat
How can Bio-Identical Therapy Help?
Bio-identical therapy is a direct and effective way to combat these hormone-related body changes. Before beginning treatment, each patient undergoes a comprehensive hormone evaluation, performed and analyzed by either Dr. Carmelo Plateroti or Dr. Aracely Plateroti. Both of these doctors have extensive clinical experience with bio-identical hormones for men, so you can take comfort knowing you’re receiving treatment from experts.
Interested in undergoing bio-identical hormone therapy for men in the Paso Robles, Creston, Asuncion, Templeton, and Atascadero areas, contact the Plateroti Center today.